Today, was Valentine’s Day and today marks one day closer to an entire year since COVID first came into our lives. Today is the day known for love. Your child probably won’t make you dinner but they will still be your Valentine.
By: Occupational Therapy Family Services, LLC
There are many activities you can do with you child this Valentine’s Day while being safe at home. Here are ten:
- Make hot chocolate
- Make Valentines day cards out of construction paper
- Watch a movie
- Have a Tea-Party with the family and a few of your favorite stuffed animals
- Have a photo shoot
- Have a dance party
- Make forts
- Eat only red foods like apples and cherries
- Take a bath and add a bath bomb
- Make Heart Shaped Cut Out Cookies
With today being all about love take a few minutes throughout the day to spread some positivity to your child. Positivity can help your child feel secure, loved and build self-esteem. Here are 10 positive phrases to say to your child.
- You are loved.
- I am grateful for you.
- I am so happy you are part of my life
- Your words matter to me
- The world needs you
- You are enough
- You are beautiful inside and out
- I will always be here when you need me
- You can always try again
- You are creative and imaginative
Enjoy the day and give extra hugs!
Occupational Therapy Family Services, LLC